Friday, August 21, 2009

Our song (in English) for the Pope!


From the St. Gregory Hymnal and Catholic Choir Book, 1920.

Once in August of 1993 my grandfather who was a church organist played this hymn for me after Communion with my dad as soloist to bid me off for the August 11 - 15 World Youth Day in Denever, Colorado. I sat in the front pew with my mother and they made music in the choir loft of the Church of the Assumption. Then at Mile High Stadium at 5:30 p.m. on August 12, 1993 the Pole arrived and that one moment changed my life forever.

Long Live the Pope!

2 comments:

Joannie said...

This hymn can be brought to a parish near you: http://www.stmichaelhymnal.com/

In the choir loft said...

We had this hymn played at the Tridentine Latin Mass one Sunday. Some people afterwards asked what the hymn was because they remembered singing it when they were younger. Now they want to sing it again! YAY!