Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fr. Reggie Foster: an update...

If anyone tells you that miracles don't happen then tell them about Reggie Foster.

Yesterday evening I went to see Reggie in his Rome hospital and it seems that by God's grace Reggie is still in good fighting spirit and still eager to serve the Church with his Latin ministry.

But Reggie is still in serious need of your prayers for his health and well-being. Reggie is now able to speak, but just barely. He doesn't appear to be able to move his body and his body seems to have little or no energy.

We prayed together in Latin and he smiled the whole time and even attempted to respond to the prayers in Latin as best as he was able. He laughed when I teased that he was a Sherman Tank and he said "thank you" to everybody for the prayers and support.

Reggie appeared completly at peace and even had a glow to him like a cute little baby in a stroller. God reward him always.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I ask what you have prayed with him?

Anonymous said...

his segments on Vatican Radio are wonderful
I'm not sure how being like a sherman tank is a complement though...
they had such short lives in WW2.
I will pray for him.

tomt said...

Will include Father Reginald in my rosary tonight. May God grant him health.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and your continuing service to Catholics.
I remember when fr. Reginald had another briefer illness a couple of years ago and had great difficulties to walk but he used to literally drag himself to Latin class and always seemed so happy to do so. It is good to know that he is in good spirits. Do you know anything more about his health condition and how long doctors say that it might take for him to recover. May he continue to recover and teach Latin from a Catholic theological view for the greater glory of God. Perhaps he can cut out some of the superfluous.

Raphaela said...

I received an email from someone in Rome yesterday that said Reggie is now officially considered to be "out of danger". I can't tell you how happy I was to hear that!

Let's keep praying for him to continue improving and to get his strength back as quickly as possible. He must be SO frustrated at having been flat on his back for so long!

John Paul Sonnen said...

With Reggie we prayed a Pater, Ave and Gloria Patri.

Yes, Reggie has a particular sense of humor.

Yes, doctors say he's better. We hope for the best and witness this miracle.

Deorca said...

Good news that he is out of the woods. It was because of him and his unique persona that I began learning Latin, so I'd like to pass on my best wishes to him and hope for a speedy recovery.

kadiope said...

I've been checking back to this site to see if there are any updates and just hoping the news has stayed positive. Now that it's about a year later, would you mind letting us know how Reggie Foster is doing? I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks so much,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Reggie is at a nursing home in Wisconsin. Learning to walk again. Happy and in recovery. At Clement Manor.

1233 South 45th St
West Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53214