Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Nobody does it like...Sara Lee!

Late this afternoon while atop the Castel S. Angelo my cell began to ring. I looked to see who was calling and it read "MAMMA." When mom calls it's usually good or bad news.

Surrounded by lots of nice works by Paul III the news arrived that our young cousin was just in a terrible auto wreck. I was astounded as even just a few days ago I was even thinking of her - how pretty and great she is. Truly, the one daughter you'd hope for yourself or the type of girl you'd hope your son would wed.

She was the passenger and Sunday was the day of the accident. Please pray for her. And for everybody else involved and related. She's 17-years old.

I first saw Sarah Lee as a newborn on my aunt's deck in South Minneapolis. I still remember the moment. The family had waited for a daughter and she was their first, born to my godfather.

She has grown into a good and happy girl, a young lady who always smiles, is respectful, cheerful, reverent, nice and you know she's great as she even wears a modest bathing suit! And she likes to talk about garage sale purchases, like her dad, and she has lovely hair and beautiful blue eyes, like her mother.

Oremus (Let us pray)!

"Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

-Matthew 18: 4

7 comments:

~Joseph the Worker said...

I'll keep her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I will offer a Gregorian Rite Mass for her today. Please keep me posted on her condition if you can. don Jeffry

Anonymous said...

We pray for her full and speedy recovery, JPS.

Down Under.

DominiSumus said...

She will be in my prayers.

Aventicus said...

John, I said the Gregorian Rite Mass for her this evening. In Cristo, don Jeffry

Anonymous said...

In my prayers, from Ireland.

qualcosa di bello said...

john, i will remember her in my lauds intercessions...God bless.