Monday, July 21, 2008

From Rome: old tipographia shops...


Is it just me or has anyone else arrived in Rome for the first time and peeked through windows of old printing shops and been surprised/intrigued to see these old printing machines still at it? It's great fun to enter these old shops and watch these magnificent technologies still at it. This one dates from the 1950s. Each a tribute to the genius of man and each still makes the best business cards money can buy anywhere on the planet.

2 comments:

Raphaela said...

Oh, nice!

So are your cards their handiwork? Because if so, I'm counting on your steering me towards the best of them this time next year, so that I can get a batch printed for myself. :)

John Paul Sonnen said...

Raph, it's not the same here without you. I'm supposed to look over my shoulder and see you walking by around the Vatican!

My cards are cheapies from the port of Rome, Civitavecchia. But the real nice ones, printed on these magnificent old machines, are something I have yet to buy.