Friday, July 18, 2008

A day in the life of a study abroad student...

2008 will be the first full year of my life that I have not been to my homeland. This is because I am broke, so I will remain in Europe this entire year where I am employed as a tour guide.

Life in Italy has been different and here are the stats:

Over four years I've lived out of a suitcase.
Over four years I've had no microwave.
Over four years I've had no Internet at home.
Over four years I've lived without a dryer.
Over four years I've lived without a fan or air conditioning.
Over four years I've lived without a radio or stereo.
Over four years I've lived without a car.

My laptop is six years old.

And the first week of July I did get a fan finally as there was a deal for the cheapest fan ever in the town of Ladispoli, near Rome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O the joys of being a student eh?!

Anonymous said...

Going to study abroad is a lot of sacrifice..that is really true..You're leaving out there far from your family and one more is that the kind of life style that you have before going their will suddenly change..a lot of differences and changes as well..You really have to adjust and get used into the way of living ( culture)..These are just experiences you'll have that will be unforgettable while studying abroad..