Sunday, July 06, 2008

07.07.07: luckiest day of the century...


Happy anniversary a tutti voi!
FYI: The original plan was for the big first anniversary Rome party of Summorum Pontificum to be held on the shores of Lake Albano, at Castel Gandolfo. Change of plans and now it will be held on the shore of the sea in the resort town of Santa Marinella, near Rome. BBQ and then bonfire with spumante toast and all welcome at dusk on 07.07.
Many of us were born in the seventies. Blatant indifference to religion was what we grew up with (even in our Catholic schools) and this, we knew, was in large part due to a loss of a sense of transcendence. Now we have the transcendence back, thanks be to God, to Summorum Pontificum and to Benedictvs pp. XVI!

3 comments:

JWY said...

I wish that I could be there. Have a good party!

Anonymous said...

Classic.

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I expect there will be another one next year. But Oop! I wish I had been there.