Friday, May 26, 2006

Fabled English auto...in Rome!



This photo is dedicated with affection to my Uncle Geno and my Aunt Red. It was they who taught me to love old cars (and my own dad who is a quiet fanatic about old autos, too)! Isn't it beautiful!? My Uncle Thomas had a Jag, too, so I guess the thrill maybe runs in the family! But just remember, the '40 Ford Deluxe Coupe is the best! Forties forever...

Can you see the "CD" on the license plate? CD means that the car belongs to a diplomatic mission, Corpo Diplomatico. Rome has double the allowance of embassies because nearly every nation has a representation to the Republic of Italy as well as to the Holy See. So, lots of embassy parties and legation events!

2 comments:

T. Peregrinus said...

As I say John, God Save the Queen.

John Paul Sonnen said...

Amen to all that, friends!