Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Every action has a purpose...


Although I'm still living my studium days now in Rome, I'll always remember all of the lovely Solemn High Masses that we have celebrated every Sunday and Holy Day at our parish in Rome. But, whether residing in Rome or extra urbem, I hope to always continue to santify my Sundays with a Solemn High Mass (although in the urbs it's always the best!).

The Church has such sympathy for our human condition. In Her wisdom, the design of the outward movements of the Holy Mass so speak to our human element and so we learn from the study of the "whys" of the rites.

In the photo we see a flow:
A. Our God in the veiled tabernacle attached to the altar of sacrifice.
B. The Priest as celebrant...
C. The Deacon assisting...
D. The Subdeacon assisting...
E. The Acolyte/Altar Boy assisting...
F. The Choir assisting...
G. The Faithful assisting...
H. The Catechumens assisting...
I. The Baptized World Outside assiting...

No comments: