Thursday, October 19, 2006

Holy Matrimony: the Catholic way...


I often cringe when I sometimes receive an invitation for a Catholic wedding: the couples of today usually get it wrong!

When you have your invitations printed, remember that the words are going to be slightly different for Catholic couples...

Remember, it's a "Nuptial Mass" or "Nuptial Vows" and not just a "Wedding Mass" or "Marriage Celebration." Also, the priest is not the "Presider," but instead the "Celebrant." It's not "Assumption Church," but instead "The Church of the Assumption." It's not the "Bride" and "Groom," but instead the "Bridegroom" and the "Bride."

5 comments:

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Interesting. I never thought of that. I'm STILL single so I will retain this info just in case...

Anonymous said...

I think you are too picky. But then, this is your blog.

Anonymous said...

Lighten up, buddy

Anonymous said...

teach the truth
light the darkness
Thanks be to God for this information

DP said...

It sounds like you were invited to a wedding at my home parish. . . "Church of the Assumption" Yes, we use the proper name.