Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Rome headquarters of Opus Dei...

This is it folks and it's open to the public (visit to see the lovely chapel). I always laugh at the anti-Catholic fodder of the ramble about the "oh-so-mysterious Opus Dei" or of the "oh-so-mysterious Vatican corridors."

Actually, it's nice to visit here. It's located in the posh Monti Parioli. It's the old fascist Rome where they all built in the 1920s and 1930s. An E.U.R. lady once told me that if you say you live in "Parioli," they you are considered really chic by the Romans (I could just hear the envy in her voice!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and you can visit the chapel which houses St. Escriva!

Raul said...

Hi JPSonnen, I really like the photo you have of Opus Dei headquarters. Did you make it yourself? If yes, could you upload it to Wikipedia? I'd like to put it there in the article on Opus Dei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei) A more secular photo like this would express the secular nature of Opus Dei better than the present photo of the chapel inside Opus Dei's headquarters. I hope it is ok with you! Thanks!