Monday, January 29, 2007

Don Bosco: see him incorrupt in Turin...

One year ago at this time I found myself in Turin at the Olympic games. I was bored and so as I studied my map and saw this big basilica near to the cathedral. I hiked over there, and to my surprise, it proved to be one of the most inspiring moments of my life.

As I knelt in awe (liking the maniple and glitter of his body), I could hear a childrens choir in the gallery above the sanctuary. It was then that I realized that this locale had been his famous Oratory and that his work continued there even today.

Then I made my way to the little chapel across the square where Don Bosco used to pray. As I knelt, I could hear all the kids outside running and playing and enjoying everything that Don Bosco had built for them, through the grace of God. My thought was this: when abortion is made illegal, first in Russia, there will be even greater need for us to commit to the youth in Christ!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don Bosco is not incorrupt -- that's a wax effigy containing his bones.

Anonymous said...

don bosco is incorrupt and thatsthe truth

Anonymous said...

in order for a person to become a saint he/she must go through a certain process. to become a saint the vatican has to check his/her tomb. IF the corpse is incorrupt then that is one of the signs that he/she may be a saint. HIS BODY WAS INCORRUPT BECAUSE HE IS A SAINT!

canada