Dominus det tibi pacem!The Martyr of Charity, St. Maximilian Maria Kolbe was an OFM Conventual - the venerable and ancient branch of the Order you will find in the Sacro Convento (the tomb of Our Seraphic Patriarch in Assisi), and the Basilica di sant’Antonio in Padova, as well as the Confessors at St. Peter’s Basilica – where we have been since the Pontificate of Clement XIV (one of several Conventual Franciscan Popes). He never studied at the Antonianum which is run by the OFM of the Leonine Union. While in Rome, St. Maximilian lived at La Vigna. He obtained a doctorate in philosophy from the Pontifical Gregorian University and another doctorate in Sacred Theology from the OFM Conventual’s Pontifical Faculty of St. Bonaventure also known as the Seraphicum. At that time, Seraphicum was located on Via San Teodoro near our General Curia Santi Apostoli, it has since been moved to the outskirts of Rome. The cell where St. Maximilian started the Militia Immaculatae in 1917 with six other Friars can still be found on the site where our former seminary was located, now it is called Casa Kolbe, the International Headquarters of the Militia Immaculatae. Part of Casa Kolbe is now a Hotel. Ave Maria!Frater Antonius Maria, OFM Conv.
Post a Comment