Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A lifetime of joy: the remarkable Adriatic...



The beauty of Italy is of mythic proportions…and any bona fide member of the tourist club can enjoy it! I found myself here on the coast of Italy enjoying the moment on these sheets of rock with some cheerful Austrians. We discussed how just one man, Luther, on 1 November 1517 had published his Theses at Wittenbergy and within just three years he had torn Christendom asunder. Then we asked ourselves: “What can we do to stop this?”





6 comments:

Andrew Teather said...

Hello,

I have just started a new blog which I have added you to on my blogroll, if you would like to add me to yours, its at anglicanwanderings.blogspot.com , it's early days yet, but I think you will quite enjoy it.

Andrew.

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a wonderful chronicle of your time in the Eternal city and elsewhere. I really appreciared reading about how your faith has made this a great experience. It is very inspiring.

I saw you wearing a canadian T-shirt; are you Canadian as well, and if so, from where in Canada..

Enjoy and grow closer to God, on this journey.

God bless,

Richard Guy
(Ontario, Canada)

Anonymous said...

You are like the French comic-strip adventure hero Tintin! Like a Swiss Alpine Guide with a gaggle of blog mountaineers trailing behind.

Anonymous said...

I saw you at the Brazilian TV talking about the Motu Proprio!

Anonymous said...

I see you in Brazil.

http://jornalhoje.globo.com/JHoje/0,19125,VJS0-3076-20070707-290172,00.html


Michele
Brazil

John Paul Sonnen said...

andrew:

great blog you have and many thanks! are you a cleric? all the best...

i'm not canadian, but a few years ago at roma termini i purchased the canadian sweater and so i wear it all over rome and everybody seems to notice it...