Tuesday, June 26, 2007

HQ: Quartier Generale MI.6 - Londra...


As you rightly surmise, this is the superspy MI 6 headquarters on the Thames in London! I was there for a short hiatus some time ago seeking employment (with the hope of just being an enduring hero). With the signature soundtrack album from Dr. No in my head, with its brass-and-percussion orchestrations, I approached the building knowing it would be a taut and thrilling adventure.

M, Q and Miss Moneypenny were eager to see how tactical I was. They spoke all about exotic weaponry and fine mechanical gadgetry, romantic liaisons of espionage, the evil villain and wicked henchmen, lovely foreign locales, the multi-purpose attaché case, the wristwatch-style weapon, high-caliber firepower and of course the engaging musical score. Then, they asked me what I thought of all this? I replied: “Well I have a blessed St. Benedict medal.”

Next, they concluded with one final question that was not about the gadget-laden Aston Martin: “What would your secret code name be and why?” Thinking I needed to be like 00 with a bit of humor in the face of sure death, I had to concede: “Of course it would have to be “Orbis Catholicvs’ because that’s what everybody knows me by.”

4 comments:

humboldt said...

So you went from spying to study theology? My goodness who are you and what are you?

Anonymous said...

I didnt know the MI6 building was so close to Old Compton Street? Love the shirt, i cant see that in Corpus Christi, Maiden Lane.

Anonymous said...

when are you goinh to become a priest

Anonymous said...

JP - God bless you with you life not having the SAMENESS as most. You venture forth from one summit to the next and I hate you for that :-) but your executive leadership will serve Mother Church