Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Rome A.D. 2007...


Non Angli sed angeli?
As usual, it was another stellar Christmas in Rome.
A packed Midnight Mass was celebrated by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter at the well-known Church of Ss. Trinita' dei Pellegrini in Rome's historic center. The chaplain of the F.S.S.P. Rome apostolate sang the Mass and preached. The deacon was an Englishman while the subdeacon was an American. Altar servers hailed from Italy, U.S.A. and Canada. The ceremony was lovely and the choir was frankly the best.
After the Mass all had an opportunity to kneel at the communion rail to reverence this statue of the baby Jesus. With exertion I tried to pray for everyone - including all those faithful Catholics in the far pockets of the world. Thank you to all for your faithfulness and I send my love and prayers from the Urbs Caput Orbis this Christmas as ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why weren't you at st peter's the pope was there ---the choir from st thomas was there you should be a priest have you changed your racist views on the muslims they are not dirty people we are all just as sinful

Anonymous said...

Happy Kwanzaa, John :-)

M.J. said...

Merry Christmas to you!

I caught the pics of the church interior on the FSSP in Urbe website. Wow! Very thankful that the Holy Father finally gave RR-EU a grand venue.

Also, thank you for refering my question to your friend.

Anonymous said...

John Paul Sonnen from Chicago was born in 1979, and named after the pope.

"The world is ready for a black pope, and I think the time is now," he told me.

"I have put everything on hold. I will be here every day and every night until we have a new pope. You can't pass up this kind of thing."