Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In gratitude for a new camera (thanks, Deb!)...

We all know that poverty is not always an economic, but a spiritual condition. This is why Christ says in Matthew 5:3: "Blessed are the poor (in spirit)."

For some of us it's fun to be poor. Strange, but true. It's just where the Lord has put us today. Where we belong, at least for the moment. And we don't always even know what we lack.

But poverty sometimes hurts, like when you get burned. As some readers know, a few weeks ago my photo camera was stolen. It was a struggle...

...then along came a saintly American woman who offered through her amazing and extraordinary generosity to buy me a new camera (and for this I am truly grateful)!

The new camera is just perfect - a Canon that fits blog needs (it can take video and fit in a side pocket).

Thank you, Deb and family and be assured of a prayer with every click and readers please pray for the benefactors of this blog ministry!

"If God will be with me, he said, and watch over me on this journey of mine, and give me bread to eat and clothes to cover my back, till at last I return safe to my father's house, then the Lord shall be my God."

-Genesis 28:20-21

No comments: