Friday, September 14, 2007

Vienna: AP photo of me...


Monday morning this photo was in all the papers across Austria.
By divine providence I found myself in Vienna during the new German Pope's triumphal entry into Austria!
Wearing my scapular as a professed Third Order Carmelite, I found myself praying in front of the Cathedral of St. Stephen (next to the press box) during the Solemn Papal High Mass!
The big news, though, is that the Mass was orchestral! And that I, the American, knew it better than the Austrians as I had grown up with Hayden Masses at the Church of St. Agnes in St. Paul where we have orchestral Masses in the Vienesse tradition!

5 comments:

M.J. said...

Any idea which newspaper(s) had the article. I'd be curious to read it. Was it 'Der Standard'?

justmemv said...

Nice foot wear!

Andrew Teather said...

I think you will find it is Haydn.

John Paul Sonnen said...

MJ: There were nice photos on www.kurier.at.

The shoes my brother bought me this past summer!

I love how the Italians pronounce "Haydn" as "Highden."

Andrew Teather said...

We Europeans all pronounce Haydn as 'Highden', because that is the correct way of doing so.