Thursday, November 02, 2006

Old-school nuns in Rome..



I was the beneficiary of this sight and it so inspired me! Don't you just love the old-school habit? We chatted and they said they were from Spain. They have a convent in Rome's centro storico. I thanked them for their witness and went on my way.

Instead of just seeing the typical polyester habit of today it sure is a treat, while on the streets of Rome, to see the old-school warriors with their starched linen and burlap! Like I said to these two lovely ladies as we parted: "Viva Espana."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a blessing to have such good holy women in the world! I love reading your blog and seeing all your cool pictures. :) It's nice to still get some of the gossip from Roma.
--Maria

Alfaraz said...

They are "Sisters of the Cross". Founded in Sevilla (Spain) by Santa Ángela de la Cruz Guerrero.

Regards
.